Other ways to support

Women rice farmers in Bangladesh

By cheque

Please send your cheque, made payable to CARE International UK​, to our team at:

​CARE International UK
89 Albert Embankment

CAF cards and vouchers

If you have a Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) card you can donate to CARE online via the CAF website.

By phone or post

If you prefer you can contact us on 020 7091 6100 - we will be able to take your donation over the phone. Alternatively, you can send your CAF card details or a CAF voucher made payable to CARE International UK to us at the following address:

Supporter Care
CARE International UK
London SE1 7TP

Payroll giving

Make a difference direct from your salary. Payroll giving is the regular, no tax, no fuss way to give from your pay. Sign up online now.

With payroll giving your donation costs you less and goes even further because the donations are deducted from your gross pay (before tax).

As little as £10 a month could provide a whole school with a vegetable garden to ensure children in poverty receive vital nutrients - the school can even sell what's left to help fund their teaching.

If your employer has a payroll giving scheme simply sign up via the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).

How to find out if your employer has a payroll giving scheme

Tens of thousands of companies do have payroll giving schemes. You can check if your company is one of them in the CAF database or by asking your Human Resources department.

If your employer does not currently have a scheme CAF can contact them to help set one up. Or please contact us and we can advise you further.

Company donations

Please contact us to discuss how to make a donation from your company or organisation.

Donating shares

Many people have parcels of shares gained as gifts or windfalls that are too small to cash in profitably. So why not give them to CARE? We can sell them at a bargain rate and save you tax headaches. Best of all, all the profits go towards supporting CARE projects worldwide.

Giving stocks, shares and other investments to charity can be incredibly tax-effective, involving a double tax benefit.

What are the tax advantages?

You can claim tax relief equal to the market value of the shares on the day you make the gift, together with any associated costs such as brokers' fees. The relief is against your income tax for the year.

For example, if you give a charity £1,000 worth of shares and you are a higher rate taxpayer, you will pay £400 less in income tax that year.

Additionally, you will not have to pay any capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the shares since you bought them.

How to transfer your shares to CARE

It's very simple to transfer your shares. All you need to do is complete a form, there is an organisation called ShareGift who can do all the work for you!

If you would rather deal directly with us, or have any further queries please contact us.

Alternatively, for questions about tax you can visit the Inland Revenue's website or call their helpline on 0845 9000 444.

Thank you for supporting CARE.