Give a monthly gift
2017-18 Annual Report and Accounts
Highlights from our programmes in 2017-18 in the four outcome areas of CARE’s global programme strategy (humanitarian response, women’s economic empowerment, maternal and child health, and food and nutrition) include:
- continuing to address some of the most critical needs faced by people in Yemen, despite escalations in the conflict during the year
- assisting more than 842,000 people inside Syria with shelter, food, water, cash, and livelihoods support, and support on protection from gender-based violence
- building on our partnerships with the private sector to promote women’s economic empowerment, including through our innovative social enterprise Live Well in Zambia, and our global partnership with Diageo to support women’s empowerment and challenge gender-based violence throughout their value chain
- achieving significant increases in the number of women having regular ante-natal and post-natal check-ups, through our partnership with GSK in Afghanistan to improve infant and maternal mortality rates by strengthening local health systems
- supporting more than 220,000 people in Niger to cope with climate extremes and disasters through our UK government-funded BRACED (Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disaster) project
Read more about our progress against our priorities in the areas of women’s economic empowerment, humanitarian response, sharing expertise, understanding and multiplying our impact, mobilising funding, and working effectively, in our 2017-18 Annual Report.
Our total income in the financial year 2017-18 was £55m, of which £45m was restricted to international programmes. Total expenditure was £68m, of which spend on international programmes was £55m. Humanitarian programmes were 70% of our charitable expenditure, reflecting our continued response in this area.
Further details are given in the Financial Review section of our Annual Report (pages 25-27) and our financial statements which are included in our Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18.
Download our previous annual reports
Will you send the gift of hope to refugees like Grace?There are currently more than 1.3 million refugees in Uganda. 17-year-old Grace is one of them....A tribute to our CARE Afghanistan colleagues Safiullah Ebadi, Mohammad Waqif, and Mohammad Asif Frotan....