Give a monthly gift
2018-19 Annual Report and Accounts
Download a PDF of our 2018-19 Annual Report and Accounts:
Highlights from our programmes in 2018-19 in the four outcome areas of CARE’s global programme strategy (humanitarian response, women’s economic empowerment, maternal and child health, and food and nutrition) include:
- continuing to provide assistance to hundreds of thousands of people inside Syria, despite the challenges caused by frequent and ongoing conflict
- helping 216,000 people in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, through our response to the Rohingya refugee crisis
- building new partnerships with private sector companies to enhance the economic empowerment of women in business supply chains – part of our focus on women’s economic empowerment which has so far contributed to the economic empowerment of 4.5 million women
- training 300 Social Health Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh, as part of our Community Health Worker Initiative in partnership with GSK which has so far provided 299,000 households (out of 375,000 households in Sunamganj district) with support on under-5 child care, birth planning, and health education including nutrition
- contributing to a reduction in FGM (female genital mutilation) and child/early/forced marriage in Somalia through the CHANGES project (Challenging Harmful Attitudes and Norms for Gender Equality and Empowerment in Somalia)
- achieving a 15-percentage-point reduction in intimate partner violence through our Indashyikirwa project in Rwanda, as well as reductions in violence against children, and improvements in food security and income for project participants
- providing food security support to 250,000 Yemenis, including helping over 22,000 malnourished children aged under 5 and pregnant or lactating women
Read more about our progress against our priorities in the areas of women’s economic empowerment, inclusive governance, humanitarian response, mobilising funding, measuring our impact, multiplying our impact, safeguarding, and our gender equity and diversity commitment, in our 2018-19 Annual Report.
Our total income in the financial year 2018-19 was £65.1m, of which £54.6m was restricted to international programmes. Total expenditure was £66.9m, of which expenditure on international programmes was £55.3m. 72% of our charitable expenditure was on humanitarian programmes, reflecting our continued response in this area.
Further details are given in the Financial Review section of our Annual Report (pages 28-30) and our financial statements which are included in our Annual Report and Accounts 2018-19.
Download our previous annual reports
10 ways you’ve made a difference in 2019Here’s how your support for CARE has made a real difference in 2019 to women, girls, men and boys around...Last year, we asked you to help give children like Balki a life to live. Here’s how you have transformed...There are currently more than 1.3 million refugees in Uganda. 17-year-old Grace is one of them....