CARE International UK is committed to protecting your privacy
CARE International UK is a registered charity in England and Wales with the registered charity number 292506.
The Supporter Care team
CARE International UK
c/o Ashurst LLP
London Fruit and Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
London E1 6PW
Or call our Supporter Care team on +44 (0)20 7091 6100
One of the most important things to say is that we NEVER sell or exchange your personal information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Please note also that you are in control of how we might hold or use your personal information - see below for more details.
How we collect information
We will collect information about you when:
- You directly provide personal information to us.
- You make a donation, make a loan to an entrepreneur, campaign for us or enquire about an event. We may work with a professional fundraising agency such as Ethicall Telemarketing and Cymba SMS provider to collect this information, but please be assured that we are still responsible for your data.
- You sign up to receive updates on our activities.
- You use our live/off-line chat services to make an enquiry.
- You attend a seminar or other CARE International UK event.
- You post on our social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Depending on your privacy settings or the privacy policies of these sites, you might give us permission to receive information about you from them.
- You volunteer for CARE International UK.
- You work for CARE International UK or apply to work for CARE International UK.
- You or your organisation offer to provide or provide contractual services to CARE International UK.
- You fundraise for us or enquire about doing this.
- You join our alumni network.
- You contact us through the following channels: online, email, phone, SMS, social media or by post.
We may also receive information about you from third parties such as Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving – but only if you’ve given them permission to share your information with us. These organisations will have their own privacy policies so please do make sure you read them before providing your information.
We may also collect personal information about you from the public domain, such as from social networks, company websites, political and property registers and news archives. We may also work with experts from external agencies to collect this information. This helps us find out where our supporters come from, what they do and what they are most interested in. This helps us to talk to you about the things that are most relevant to you and helps us find more passionate people like you to support CARE International UK's vital work. We do not control these third party sources and are not responsible or their privacy statements.
The types of personal information we might hold about you
- Contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, including your home address, where you have provided this to us, date of birth, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address.
- Payment data (only if you are making a donation) such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers.
- Your log-in details for any CARE International UK services such as our Donor Portal.
- Your previous donation history and details of your plans to give in the future.
- Your tax status if you have given us permission to claim Gift Aid or told us you are not eligible.
- Special categories of personal data. In connection with the registration for and provision of access to an event or seminar, we may ask for information about your health for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of any disabilities or special dietary requirements you may have. Any use of such information is based on your consent. If you do not provide any such information about disabilities or special dietary requirements, we will not be able to take any respective precautions.
- Where it is appropriate, we may ask your specific interests relating to our work.
Our website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect data on children.
Additional research about you
To try to make sure we talk to you about areas of CARE International UK’s work that you are interested in and to make sure we don’t waste vital charity funds, we might add to what we know about you with information from third party sources. This may include:
- Your parliamentary constituency.
- An estimate of your age, the size and make up of your household and your interests.
- Possible geodemographic segmentation (this is characterising neighbourhoods on the principle that residents living near each other are likely to have similar demographic, socio-economic and lifestyle characteristics).
If you are making a significant donation we may carry out desk research into the source of your donation. You can read more about this in our donation acceptance policy which is available upon request. Please contact email@example.com or call our Supporter Care team on +44 020 7091 6100 to receive a copy of this policy.
Using your personal information
We will use your information for the following purposes when it is in both yours and our legitimate interests to do so:
- To provide you with the service or information you have requested.
- If you sign up for a fundraising event we will keep in touch with you regularly in the lead up to the event to ensure you have all of the details you need for taking part. We will also contact you after the event to get your feedback and communicate the total of the funds raised.
- To administer your donations, including Gift Aid processing.
- To tailor internet and social media advertising according to your interests, preferences and the way you have used our website, Facebook or Twitter pages.
- To send you mailings or call you about how your donations are helping people and how you can help CARE International UK continue its work to fight poverty and defend dignity.
- To inform our marketing and raise more money for CARE International UK in a cost efficient way.
- To manage your or your organisation’s contractual or business relationship with CARE International UK including billing, auditing, communication and support.
- Compliance with CARE International UK’s legal obligations including record keeping obligations, financial compliance, etc. We may also process personal data for insurance purposes where necessary.
- To analyse and improve your platform user experience.
- To schedule events and meetings.
- To comply with court orders and exercises and/or defend our legal rights.
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
With your consent we may also:
- Email or send you text messages with updates on fundraising appeals you have given to, new appeals, other CARE International UK news and opportunities to take part in surveys or research.
Regarding the above, we will only provide you with the information you have opted in to receive. We will give you an option to opt-out at any time.
Your consent will be valid for at least three years, unless you tell us otherwise. If you do not open our emails or respond to our text messages during a three year period we will assume we no longer have consent to contact you in this way. Our mailing list is periodically reviewed to ensure it is updated to reflect consent preferences.
- Cymba - SMS marketing agency
- Dataro - AI powered donor scoring software
- Engaging Networks - online fundraising platform and email service provider
- Enthuse - sponsorship website
- Ethicall Ltd - telemarketing
- Facebook - advertising
- Farewill - Will making services
- Fundraise Up - online fundraising platform. Find out more about how we use Fundraise Up.
- Google - website analytics and advertising
- Intermarketing - print supplier
- JPMG - print supplier
- JustGiving - sponsorship website
- LegacyLink - legacy administration
- Mailchimp - email supplier
- Open Creates - marketing agency
- OMG - text and online donation checkout
- PayPal - payment gateway
- NTT Fundraising - telemarketing
- Telebank - process donations which are returned by post
- The Kite Factory - media buying agency
- Stripe - payment gateway
- Survey Monkey - supporter feedback services
- University of Portsmouth - supporter feedback analytics
In the process of working with Mailchimp your data may be transferred outside the EEA, to the US. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
We may share your information with members of the CARE International confederation on a confidential basis. A list of all the member entities can be found on the CARE International website.
This occurs when you:
- Make a donation to a CARE member or affiliate.
- Sign petitions specific to a CARE member or affiliate.
- Request information from a CARE member or affiliate.
- Visit the Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or other site of a CARE member or affiliate.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK. We require all our agents, consultants, vendors, contractors and sub-contractors to ensure a similar level of data protection.
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. It will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably necessary or you have withdrawn your consent or requested for it to be deleted. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you tell us you do not consent to receive our marketing, we will keep a record of your contact details to enable us to remove you from any contact lists now and in the future.
Legacy income is vital to funding CARE International UK’s work. We may keep personal information you provide to us for as long as is needed both to administer legacy gifts and to communicate effectively with the families of people leaving us legacies. This also enables us to identify and analyse the source of legacy income we receive.
How do we protect your information?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your information and keep it confidential, including SSL technology, encryption and firewalls.
You are in control
- You can change your mind about the consent you have given us for our marketing activities at any time.
- You can ask us to stop using your information for any of the purposes listed above at any time.
- You can request to see the information we hold about you at any time by completing this subject access request form, and ask us to correct, delete or restrict it. Please note, there may be a small charge to cover administrative costs if you make multiple requests.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
- You also have the right to ask us to move, copy or transfer the information we hold about you from our own IT environment to another of your choosing, in a safe and secure way.
Simply write to CARE International, c/o Ashurst LLP, London Fruit and Wool Exchange, 1 Duval Square, London E1 6PW. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Supporter Care team on +44 020 7091 6100.
Existing supporters can also use our online Supporter Hub to check and change preferences on how they would like to be contacted.
If you are not happy with the way we have processed your data you can make a complaint to our Supporter Care team (at the above contact details) - and if you aren’t happy with our response you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's Data Protection Authority - the Information Commissioner’s Office. Alternatively, you can go directly to them. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Our data protection team can be contacted on: London-DataProtection@careinternational.org
This policy will be reviewed at least annually. We reserve the right to update and change this policy. The next review is planned for December 2023. If we make significant changes we will publish them clearly on our website or contact you directly with more information.
Updated June 2023