Solutions and services
Together with Aviva, Business with CARE engaged with senior women leaders in top finance companies including NatWest and Legal & General Investment Management. We conducted research to investigate how private climate finance can better ensure that the trillions of dollars needed to meet critical climate goals, flow in an equitable way. CARE provided global expertise and developed the report, which was launched at COP26 in November 2021.
The final report included four key recommendations:
- Improve gender representation in decision-making roles on climate finance.
- Develop and integrate consistent gender metrics in reporting.
- Integrate gender into public and private policy planning and frameworks.
- Measures to include women in the financial system and financial services.
- Women and climate finance report developed together with top women finance leaders in the UK and launched at COP26
- Strong media coverage of the report and recommendations influencing the wider sector
- Aviva established as a thought leader in the critical space of gender climate finance
- Women experts from the Global South represented in discussions at COP26