10 highlights of the year
Here are some CARE highlights of 2015 – none of it would have been possible without your support...
1. You contributed your memories of receiving CARE packages in the years after World War 2 – showing how #charitybeganathome and how ‘the kindness of strangers’ is still as real today as it was 70 years ago.
2. You helped us celebrate our 70th anniversary by attending our CARE Then and Now exhibition and bringing to life the continuing story of CARE packages – sent by people who care, to people in need around the world today.
3. You walked in solidarity with women and girls around the world on International Women’s Day.
4. You donated a fantastic £280,000 to our Life2Live campaign for safe births, safe water and life-saving malaria medicine – and the UK government doubled your donations, providing a further £280,000 for a project for teenage girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
9. You deposited a total of £1.1 million in loan capital into Lendwithcare last year – meaning that even more entrepreneurs have been able to set up or grow small businesses with loans provided by Lendwithcare supporters.
10. You made it all possible: 25,000 new supporters donated to CARE’s humanitarian and development work in 2015, joining the thousands of long-term supporters without whom none of our work would be possible.
After the earthquakes: A journey towards safe motherhood in NepalA photo story from Uhiya village, Nepal, where CARE is helping to construct a new health post after the...UK aid is transforming lives through a CARE cash transfer programme. Find out how it helps women in rural...CARE International UK CEO, Laurie Lee, sees for himself how CARE raises funds from the public....